Aloe Vera face scrub to get soft skin
Aloe Vera has never been my thing. I have dreaded this plant all my life, until you realized that although you hate the plant at the moment, it actually has some things you can benefit from.
I said ‘hated’ not ‘hate’ though. Lol.
Let me give you a little gist about why I hated this plant. Being a kid who grew up in Cameroon; a country in west Africa, my grand mom had this ever-green plant in her garden which was just by the house. In fact, it was her second house because if she was not on the farm, (by this I mean a very big portion of land almost a mile or more from the house where extensive farming in done. This is not a plantation) and it was a weekday, she will either be planting, weeding, or harvesting something from this garden. Whenever I called her ‘mama…’, she will always answer in an angelic voice of ‘Ma Nweh’ (a name given to me after my great grandmother).
I was less than six years old when I followed her into her garden. She told me to wait for her at the entrance because she was going to be in there for less than 5 minutes, and would be out in little or no time. A second seemed like forever. I sneaked myself in there and only announced my arrival into her garden with a loud scream. She ran towards me and started asking if I was alright. Carried me out of the garden, and when she looked at my hand, blood was oozing out of it like a fountain. She then asked ‘Nweh akeh’? (meaning what is the matter in my dialect). I was just crying. After calming down, I told her that I was picked by an aloe vera plant (I did not even know the name of this ‘evil plant’). It was rainy season and because everywhere was wet, I had slid in the garden and in an attempt to hold on to something, the only thing close to me was that plant and it picked my hand. I never went to that garden again in a long time.
One afternoon, my aunty returns from work and starts telling me about the benefits of aloe vera, and I am just surprised. I told her I do not want anything to do with that plant, and it’s even bitter. I told her that I will never forget how that ‘evil plant’ had made my life miserable for days.
After doing some research and experimenting or say doing a trial and error, I realized that, although I had had a bad experience, this ‘evil plant’ actually has some benefits. So today, I will be showing you how to do an aloe vera scrub for yourself. It has worked for me. consistency is king.
3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
3 tablespoons of sugar
½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- Take your aloe vera plant, and cut about 2 to 3 inches, depending on the thickness of your plant.
- Remove the uneven edges, and cut transversely through the transparent layer.
- Scrape the jelly-like part out, and put in a bowl and discard the green skin.
- Add sugar and lemon, and mix thoroughly.
- Wash face and pat dry.
- Apply mixture on face and scrub in circular motions for about 1-2 minutes maximum (do not forget to go to the neck area as well).
- Raise with warm and cold water respectively.
- Use your toner, and moisturizer of choice.
That is all you actually need for your aloe vera facial scrub. You can do this twice a week and repeat consistently.
- You can use aloe vera gel, and the plant can be gotten from Walmart, and any other grocery stores like African and or Asian stores near you.
- Make sure you are not allergic to any of these products. If you are, please do not use it. I recommend that you do a patch test first on your hand.
If you have tried this facial scrub, please share your experience with me in the comment section below. Thank you, and until next time.