Reflection on GOD’S Love during this time.
I am just sitting on my bed after a great service online. Due to COVID-19, social gatherings have been prohibited. I loved the sermon of today. My pastor was teaching about Obedience. He said Christianity is not just about saying I am a child of God; it is about living as one. In short, Christianity is a lifestyle. With Christianity being a lifestyle, that means you do not have to struggle to live it. This ‘Christ-like’ life, has to come naturally. It should not be forced, or you should not be manipulated into acting like one. As an individual, you cannot do it on your own. You can achieve that by the grace of GOD only. He further said one thing that kills us is disobedience. As a Christian, God may tell you to do somethings and you end up not doing it because you are just being nonchalant or trying to be unruly. The funny thing is that you always know that it is God talking to you, but you choose not to obey. When you land into issues, you finally blame God. He further expatiated on a lot of things. You can like his Facebook page here.
After this service, I sat on my bed, and I thought about life, where I was, where I am, and where I am actually heading to most importantly. This made me think. I was not just thinking because I wanted to feel like a lot of Christians will feel after a well preached service. I felt the love of God after all.
What is love?
Love has a lot of definitions. It ranges from a deep passion affection, to a romantic feeling, to a great interest and pleasure in something etc. What actually caught my attention is the definition which says that; love is an affectionate greeting conveyed to someone on one’s behalf. This is exactly what Jesus did to you and I. He did that because GOD said so. If you do not believe me, read John 3:16:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
I started thinking about the faithfulness of God in my life. God’s love, and how he has kept me. God’s love has always been there. When I look at life, I see how you and I are often quick to judge people by saying that other people do not deserve the love of Christ. A lot of people have really wandered far away from God. They do so not because they want to, but because the so-called Christians are so quick to condemn and tell them that they are worth nothing.
What the Love of God is:
The love of God is every good thing that you can phantom. Amidst this COVID-19, you may be losing hope. You may be anxious or so depressed. I am here to tell you what the love of God is like. You may have been amongst the 10,000 or more people who are being laid off by the U.S government. You may have lost a family, friend or a loved one to COVID-19. Your business, or school and other things that bring you revenue, may have been suspended. You may be a healthcare worker and you have to face this ‘monster’ daily. You may think your tomorrow is so uncertain. That is so true if you are looking at it from a human perspective. Everyone has had fear at some point in their life. You can read my story here. I want you to look at it from God’s perspective. God is in control, and his love for you has and will never change. It is your decision to just bask in his unending love.
In the book of 1 Corinthians 13, the bible really dissects what love is. I am not talking about lusting over someone’s physical looks and body. I am not talking about having a one-night stand and you do not even know this person’s name. I am not talking about the kind of selfish love where everyone only cares about the gain they will get or benefit from the other. I am talking about pure agape love. This love is a person. For God is love personified. We can boldly say GOD is LOVE.
- The love of God is kind. This love is so considerate. It is so friendly and amazing. Unlike the way you and I who think only about ourselves, this love is one of a kind.
- The love of God is patient. This love is not hasty to do you wrong. This love does right only and does so in truth only. This love is not pushy or irritating because it is not forced on you.
- The love of God is good because he seeks out for your wellbeing. God always wants you to be the best that you can ever be.
- The love of God does not keep records of wrong. He always blots out any wrongs you have and will ever do. He has imparted his righteousness upon you. It is not your righteousness, but his righteousness that has been imputed upon you. This is so that, you can leave your very good and best life. In 2 Corinthians 5:21; For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
- The love of God sees pass your color/ race. God does not look at you based on your color, height or your financial background before he loves you. If God ever asked for a ransom, then only few people could afford to pay it. He didn’t give a color requirement or a height or a weight requirement before he loved you and I. He loved us regardless.
- The love of God has no boundaries. His love is timeless. At all times, he will still love you. Although you may be stubborn, he still gives you ample time, just to accept his love. His free love is all you need to receive.
- The love of God is gentle. I have never heard of any abuse from Gods love. In this world, you will hear how the rate of domestic violence increases daily. This is not the same with God. Abuse is never part of the plan. Insecurities have been wiped away completely in this wonderful love.
- The Love of God is not proud or boastful. This love is the best thing that can happen to you. This love is birthed from humility. That is the reason why God sent his son to die for you and I.
- The love of God is secure and certain. A lot of people are in relationships. They do not even know what they want. They are unsure if they will get married or not. They are just in a relationship so that everyone sees that they are in one. Although they may be unhappy in it, they choose to stay in it at all. The love of God is one that has a direction and purpose. His love is there for you to dominate in all facets of your life.
- The love of God is the most perfect love. This love keeps no record of your wrong doings. Neither does it keep bringing your mistakes to your face grudgingly. Irrespective of what you didn’t do, he still loves you.
His love is part of His plan for your life and your wellbeing.
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love.
You are expected to love that’s all. You need to love yourself, love others, and love God. If you do not love God, you cannot forgive yourself thus, you cannot even love yourself, talk less of loving others. Love is all you need to be happy. If you experience love vertically; which is the love of and with God, you can easily share that love to and with others horizontally.
Do not forget that love is all you need to make a difference in the world like ours. It may be uncertain sometimes but never forget to love, and show love whenever you are given an opportunity to. Read my post about why you should be thankful regardless of what happens.
Remember that everything that you believe in will be tested. Any time you decide to do anything better, you will actually not like to because it will always seem like everyone else is stepping on your toes. If such arises, be silent for silence is power. You can read more here
Life is too short to leave a loveless life. Be happy, make merry, and depend on God, because his love will lead you.
No greater had anyone than to lay down his life. Same day years ago, that is what Jesus did for you and I. take out tome to bask in his love today, and forever. Be rest assured you will never recover from his love because it is the best thing that can happen to you. His love gives you all the butterflies in your stomach. His love will make your world go round. God’s love will give you a new beginning. His love will make you feel like you are on top of the world, because you truly are. If you are still wondering if you are in the right direction, read my post here. There are still good people out there.
All you need to do is accept his love.
Let me know what you are doing during this quarantine time.
Until next time,